Background & History
Union Group was founded by Mr. Simon Chiu in 1989. It was the time when China’s trade industry entered an “Ice Age” and most camera brands were facing a dramatic drop in sales and problem of overstocking. Because of the marked ability to distribute goods to designated areas for manufacturers with a low profile, Union Group soon became the biggest camera trader in Hong Kong. After that, the group gradually extended its business into other categories and industries.
– Camera Products (Camera, Camera Equipment, Camera Film)
– Addition of Audio/Video Products (Karaoke, Laserdisc, VCD)
– Addition of Printer Supplies/Consumables (Ink/Toner)
– Addition of Office Automation Consumables, Data Media, stationery
– Addition of Printers hardware
– Addition of Luxury Watches, Cigarette Lighters, Premium Alcohol
– Addition of Cosmetics products
– Expanded into Pharmacy field, daily delivery to pharmacy stores all over Hong Kong
– Established Union Border Trade to concentrate on developing Food and Beverage business
– Appointed as ION Supplies’ Global Distribution Partner (compatible/remanufactured inks & toners)
– Addition of Smartphone, Tablets, Macbooks, Mobile Accessories
– Expanded into Korean Cosmetics Brands, and fully developed Brand Watches into high-end brands like Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, etc.
– Expanded into Thai and Australian Cosmetics Brands, tried to obtain franchise of several potential Korean and French Brands(Now officially distributing 4 brands). At the same time, Pharmacy department had already distributed to over 600 stores and started to work with brand owners and distributors to deliver and promote products to pharmacy stores. Brands like Super Coffee, Tsit Wing Coffee and BaWang Shampoo, etc.
– Obtained P&G dealership in HK pharmacy stores; Union Border Trade successfully started cigarette business
– Successfully developed brand jewelry and handbags business
– Entered toy market by starting with Lego Education Series
– Become the general agent of QCY in Hong Kong and Macao
– Become a Hong Kong distributor of iRobot
– The Luxury and Pharmacy Departments are officially registered to operate independently, respectively named as Union Luxury Ltd. and Union Distribution Ltd.
– Become a Hong Kong exclusive distributor of Stadler Form
Union Group (1989) Ltd. © 2022. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Union Group (1989) Ltd.